Friday, September 07, 2007

Only Crazy People Fall in Love With Me

Someone recently asked me why God talks to some people and not to others. He asked if I thought God talked to me....and how do I know it's God? I think God speaks to all of us....only we don't always recognize His voice. We tend to expect a booming voice from the clouds when most of the time it's the tiniest whisper that comes from within. It's the truth spoken from a friend....it's a fragment of a dream.......it's a song on the radio.....it's a word you wake up with and don't know why. But you know it's God when you allow that whisper to take root and you act upon the wisdom it brings. I heard a song the other day that became an anguished prayer in a very desperate hour. The one word reply has led me to realize the truth. God doesn't tell us what we need to do (much like your mom would never do your homework for you) but He shows us where to find the answers. That one word He planted in my brain has opened my eyes to the truth....has opened the door to recovery....has saved me from despair.

I now know the reason why he acted like he did....the reason why he is acting like he is now....and the reason why he will never change.

I am learning the reasons why I seem to reject the sane ones and gravitate to the crazy ones and someday soon I will be whole and healthy and ready for what I know will be best for me and the one that walks with me.

The ones that need the medication will have to fend for themselves though. This psycho bitch can only save herself.

No comments: