Thursday, August 02, 2007

Then Maybe You Should Have Asked

It's 2:00 a.m. I really wish I could sleep. The couch is uncomfortable and the young one has claimed the spare room. It's way too hot in his room. I stood in the doorway and thought about the big iron bed....but I just can't bear the thought of climbing in there alone yet. Maybe someday. Maybe never. It's just too soon to tell. They say the definition of insanity is repeating the same thing while expecting a different result. I suppose I am as insane as one can get then. You would think I would have learned my lesson by now. You can only give so much without getting anything in return for so long before you are completely empty. I did an old friend a favor today. I was happy to do it...for one instant I was needed again. I really thought the call was to wish me luck...to encourage me....to support me in my quest today, but another friend was on his mind. The other friend had his request granted(but you already knew that).....do you want to know if mine was?

Someday I'll finally accept that no one really cares.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

pepole care

nobodysperfect said...

The one that matters is all that matters to me right now.