Monday, August 20, 2007

I Want a New Drug

Habits........everyone has them. That morning cup of coffee, that daily jog around the neighborhood, checking the locks before you go to bed at night, kissing your lover good night.....some habits are quite useful and satisfying...even good for you. Then there are the bad ones. The dark ones that torment us. The drugs we think we need to make it through the day.....or night. But there's a differance between habits and addiction. We control our habits....the addictions control us.
You quit me cold turkey....just walked away and didn't look back after 2 1/2 years.....like we never exsisted. You can live the rest of your life without talking to me.....without touching me.....without waking up next to me. No scratches....no scars.....no worse for wear.
I know that I don't need you.....I have been the master of my own fate for over 15 years now. I might have swung and missed a few times, but I always come back up to bat. ( and I don't even like baseball all that much). But I know that I want you. And the loss of the sound of your voice...the taste of your kisses......the feel of your skin next to mine is as real a pain as any an addict feels in withdrawl.

So are you my habit.....or my addiction?
Does it even really matter?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you ever try smoking?lol

nobodysperfect said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nobodysperfect said...

so which was harder to give up?