Friday, August 24, 2007

Don't You Want Somebody To Love?

It's Friday. I used to love Fridays... it was my favorite day of the week. During the day I loved the anticipation of being with the one I loved and, come evening, the anticipation gave way to excitement. I don't like Friday so much anymore. Saturdays were always nice too....but in a different way. Saturday brought the security and peace of knowing you weren't alone in this world. You had a partner, a witness to all the ordinary things that make a life. Sharing the work load, talking, laughing, ....all the simple things that mark most of our time here on earth. The Bible is filled with stories of God's intention that we travel in pairs. He formed man in His image and likeness but yet realized man was incomplete without a partner. He formed women in His image and likeness too....but we also possess that small part of man that God took away from him so that we are forever connected to each other.
You asked me once if you loved things about me was that the same as loving me? Well I have a question....is it you I love or is it who we are together that I love?

No comments: