Thursday, August 16, 2007

creamofchickensoupontoast

It occured to me that I have never explained exactly what the name of this blog signifies. You "older" readers know but for you "new" ones (and you know who you are) the memory might escape you. Everyone has that ultimate comfort food.....the thing you turn to when your appetite for life hits an all time low. For me it has always been cream of chicken soup on toast. It started in high school (long before I discovered Captain and Diet Coke) and has been my "drug of choice" since. It started with #44 ....and ended with #150. It's kind of been taken off my diet (128 for those of you counting at home and since you always do what you say you are going to do you know what I want when I hit that magic number). This blog has become my "ultimate comfort food" now. A way to seek solace without all the calories. Besides, I don't have a toaster anymore. ( I hear they make lovely parting gifts)
Anyway, I have been told I am good with words and ideas but really this is just a way for me to find peace with the emotional baggage I can't seem to ditch elsewhere. Funny thing about this blog though is that it's basically just a love song written for someone who can't dance from someone who's forgotten how to play the music. So the words might sound pretty...and sometimes even rhyme but the meaning has somehow been lost. I keep throwing them out there though in the hope that one day one word...one idea will take root and grow into the fruit that will feed both our souls. Now that's what I consider the "ultimate comfort food".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

was it 125?

nobodysperfect said...

the magic # is 125 which means I only have 3 more to go.

Anonymous said...

so how did you get there?

nobodysperfect said...

I would like to say hard work and dedication but actually it was a serious lack of appetite. Forget Weight Watchers and Jenny Craig....the quickest way to lose weight is to get dumped. Now that I am being "forced" fed at lunch, my weight is stabilizing....I guess I have to resort back to the hard work and dedication. BTW as of this past Tuesday.....127