Tuesday, October 16, 2007

On the Road to Find Out

The answer lies within
So why not take a look now
Kick out the devil's sin
Pick up, pick up a good book now...........Cat Stevens


I think it was Socrates that said "the unexamined life is not worth living". Everybody at some point in time has to ask themselves some very hard questions. Their very survival depends on the answers they find.

He always used to ask me why I was so nice. I told him I didn't know any other way to be. So it puzzles me why he thinks the advice I have given him recently was intended as an insult. The road to hell is paved with good intentions........and I realize that , even though I wanted him to see the truth, it wasn't my place to point that out to him. Some things we are better off dealing with on our own. Some conversations are best left between ourselves and God. But they are conversations we must have. We are all created in God's image and likeness......our core...our soul was created to be in union with the Creator. Life has a way of drowning out that small still voice of our conscience that cries out for peace and happiness.

We are all called.......but it's up to us to answer that call or not.

The "niceness" he spoke of is just the image and likeness of God that resides in me. I myself.....without God.....am just an empty shell. So now is the time for me to ask the questions.....to examine my life.....to find the answer that God has already buried in my heart like a treasure.


Death is always necessary for a resurrection........Fulton Sheen

No comments: