Saturday, November 03, 2007

If

I thought of you this morning.  I was in a shop full of clocks and when the hour struck , one started playing the song I sang to you as an infant.  (surprised me too....who knew that obscure '70's songs are all the rage in new age grandfather clocks)  The memory made me smile...something I don't do too often lately.  When you called me this afternoon to tell me your news another memory came to mind....one that has clouded my landscape for a few months now.

I am so sorry.   I know very well the suffocating feeling of that quiet desperation.  I have worn the floorboards of that long lonely hallway so that the ruts are hard to escape.  I am sorry I have left you that legacy...that I have made your life seem so complicated.  I wish we could start all over again.  I know we can't....but maybe we can help each other see our way clear of all this confusion.
Please don't think I don't understand....or that your reasons will hurt me further....because you are not crazy ( and you are NOT him) and I need you to know that I love you even though I haven't always been the best of examples.

And maybe when you are done that book , I should re-read it too.

No comments: