Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Blogging 101

It is not the critic who counts. Not the man who points out how the
strong
man stumbled or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The
credit
belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred
by
dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes
short
again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions;
who
spends himself in a worthy cause. Who, at the best, knows in the end
the
triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least, fails
while
daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those timid souls
who
know neither victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt


Okay....let me explain something to you fans in the cheap seats.  A blog is an online journal.  It's the insights and opinions of the owner of the blog.  They can be about quantum physics....they can be about the presidential race....they can even be about the latest sighting of Elvis in a 7/11 somewhere in Arkansas....whatever the owner chooses to write about.  There are millions of these things out there in cyber space.  If you don't like the content on one....move on along to the next one.   Better yet....start one of your own, don't act like the playground bully in my sandbox though cause I have the power to kick you out.  Notice that I don't do that though.  You know who I am and how I feel but I allow you to hide behind an "anonymous" tag because I happen to believe in free speech...everyone is entitled to their own opinion.  Just remember though that in this "sandbox" you better be prepared to back up your opinions with some facts.  You see...I am not afraid to stand on the mountaintop shouting "here I am world....bring it on".  I own up to my thoughts and feelings....both the bad ones and the good ones.  I am not afraid to tell you what I think and why I think it.  

And this is what I think.........you obviously think people who write and read are "wasting" their time...that the only way to "live" is to just go out and take whatever you want.  But rushing through life just taking and not giving....or worse not even reflecting on the gifts that are given you....is a lot like robbing a bank.  I believe our exsistance goes on beyond this time on earth...that eternity is more important than fleeting momentary satisfaction.  I believe in God...and I am not afraid to talk or write about that.  If that makes me "crazy" in your eyes I don't much care.  

I watched this happen to Lynda so I am not so surprised it's happening to me.  To make yourselves look better you feel the need to tear others down.  It's so predictable...and so sad. Let's see...Lynda's faults....did she cheat? no....did she lie? no......did she drink and do drugs? no...did she spend all Steve's money?no........oh I remember....she read too much....she didn't constantly shower Steve with attention.......that bitch!  The truth is Steve was bored with her....so she had to go.  He was bored with me so I had to go.  No problem....I can accept that....it's his right.  But don't crucify someone to ease your conscience.  Don't critisize someone or something you don't understand.

So let's toss the facts on the old scales and see how it balances out.  

Lydna and I are both educated, smart, successfull mature adults with jobs, houses, responsibilities...the whole nine yards.  We are independant....we go out there and face the world everyday....I even have extra responsibilities that I shoulder with little help.

He is a middle aged man living at home with no responsibility dating a girl young enough to be his daughter with no other goal in life but to make enough money to retire early so he has even less responsibility.

Who is that again that needs professional help???????

The only thing that made Lynda and I crazy was our willingness to try to hold on and love someone unable to even understand what love is.

Take your own advice....move on.  You think I am wasting my life by writing.......but what does that say about you for reading it?  

1 comment:

Donna said...

Hooray that anonymous is leaving! For somebody that doesn't have a vested interest you sure seem to know a lot about Steve and his past and what he has done to Kathleen and Brian. Her blog doesn't have to make sense to you or anybody else. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

BTW, Kath - you go girl! The only professional help you need (immediately I might add) is a few more relaxing weekends with your family and a few more girls nights out. Then maybe the pieces of your train wreck will be cleaned up a little faster!