Sunday, June 10, 2007

I Walk the Line

I was recently asked "where do you draw the line?" I didn't have a very good answer at the time but now I think I need to ask a question of my own first. What are we drawing the line with? If we are drawing the line in the sand, then a lot depends on the tide. If we are drawing the line with pencil, it can easily be erased. Pens...now you might still see a faint reminder but they too can be erased. Chalk washes away, I don't have much luck with paint turning out the way I want, crayons are hard to come by in this house....well you can see my dilema. It's hard to draw a line you can't guarentee will last. And another thing.....are we together on the same side....or do you picture us on opposite sides? (sorry for the unauthorized use of the "we" word....I know I'm not supposed to use it) Are we talkiing about crossing it....or walking it? AND WHY DO I EVEN HAVE TO DRAW A LINE AT ALL????????? Okay....I realize that's more than one question. It's just that I've played this game before and as I recall I was a big loser in it. I'll make a deal with you though.....you give me a permanet marker and I'll write you a new story.

No comments: